S is for Songs

  This post is part of my family history videos A to Z blog challenge for 2021 which expands on my presentation for Legacy FamilyTree Webinars by showing a variety of examples. Webinar available at familytreewebinars.com/download.php?webinar_id=1740Information and index of posts  at ifamilyhistory.blogspot.com/p/a2z-family-history-videos.html.



S is for songs and music of any kind and your family. 

What songs are the favourites of your family or a specific family member? or what genre of music?
When did they start liking the songs/music? When did they first hear the music? 
Did they grown up listening to the music from their parents?
Are there a family traditions that are song or music related? 

I give examples of all three questions in the video. 

For example, I love Rachmaninoff's music. 

I was first introduced to his music in 1980 when I watched the Somewhere in Time movie. 

I love all of his music not just the music from this movie. Listening to the music relaxes me and gives me energy at the same time. 

Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini: Variation 18. I like all the variations.
Piano Concerto No. 2




At Christmas time we would listen to Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire Christmas albums. 

In addition to the regular Christmas music our children remember this as a family tradition. 





#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter S

No comments:

Post a Comment