R is for Recipes

This post is part of my family history videos A to Z blog challenge for 2021 which expands on my presentation for Legacy FamilyTree Webinars by showing a variety of examples. Webinar available at familytreewebinars.com/download.php?webinar_id=1740Information and index of posts  at ifamilyhistory.blogspot.com/p/a2z-family-history-videos.html.



R is for  

Food is very much a family tradition. Many happy memories happen around the kitchen or dining table. 

Recipes indicate family heritage by the type of food. I grew up on very unspicy files where pepper was the hottest item from British food heritage. Within a year or two after being married, I was eating curry and Nasi Goring. These are Dutch and South African food from my husband's family traditions. These food actually originated in Indian and came to these countries through the VOC (the Dutch East India Company). Check out the second video in the South Africa History playlists for a little history of the VOC and South Africa. 


I have created a private blog which has the family recipes on it and is only shared with the family. Our children can add new recipes they have found and whenever they need a recipe they just go to the blog. They don't need to text me or another member for it. I have scanned in pages from their grandmother so they have their writing as well on the blog. 



#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter R

No comments:

Post a Comment