RootsTech Connect: Discover Relatives

When I attend a conference in person, I love to use the FamilySearch Family Tree app to see Relatives Around Me. Below are a couple cousins that I met at RootsTech. My husband and I found out we are 12th cousins through the app!!


So, to me RootsTech just wasn't going to be as much fun for one, because of course we are not seeing everyone in person to chat and two, not being about to use Relatives Around Me this year. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought so because RootsTech has set it up!! It is already working!!

The top three were students in the sessions I taught. Bottom left: I am related to both Blaine and Diahan. Bottom right: Someone sitting close to me in a session.

How to register

1. You must be registered for RootsTech Connect.
    Register at https://www.rootstech.org/

2. You must have a family tree on FamilySearch.org.

3. Visit FamilySearch.org/connect 

4. Sign in with your FamilySearch account. 

5. Follow the instructions on the opt-in page.

6. Results appear! As of 17 Jan I have 300 relatives so far!


Registration for the conference is around 189,000 people from over 190 countries.  

I am excited to see how many people I am related to!! Let me know what you get!





2 comments:

  1. Try hitting the page again. The conference now how over 40000 that have signed up for Relatives at RootsTech; you may have more cousins in your total. And when the conference starts, you'll be able to see a list of cousins and search for specific people and also be able to search for cousins by country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been posted increase of numbers on my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Lianne.iFamilyHistory

    ReplyDelete